SpringHill Suites - Burr Ridge IL
(630) 323-7530 | 15W90 N Frontage Road | Burr Ridge, IL 60527
Burr Ridge Illinois
Burr Ridge is a suburb of Chicago with a population of 11,560 as off the 2008 census. Burr Ridge was mainly carved by glaciers at the end of the last ice age. In 1917 the International Harvester Company purchased 414 acres for an experimental farm, where it tested the world’s first all-purpose tractor, the Farmall. Also in 1917, the Cook County Prison Farm (also known as the Bridewell Farm) began operation in what is now Burr Ridge. In 1969 the prison farm site became the Ambriance subdivision, which is a gated community that has multimillion dollar homes within its premises.
Burr Ridge consists of 3,541 households, of which 2,914 familes live in the village. Of these housholds37.2% have children under the age of 18 living in the home, 76.4% are married couples living together, and 17.7% are non families. The median age is 44 Years old. The median income for a household in the village was $129,507, and the median income for a family was $186,480. Males had a median income of $99,060 versus $47,824 for females. The per capita income for the village was $58,518. About 2.5% of families and 2.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.7% of those under age 18 and 5.5% of those age 65 or over.
Religious affiliations include: Trinity Lutheran Church, a congregation of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod, organized on December 31, 1865. The church supports an elementary school with an enrollment of 137 students (as of 2007), founded in 1883, and is National Lutheran Schools Accredited (NLSA). St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church, a congregation of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria (Egypt), was built in 1981 and was completed in 1983. The church conducts liturgies every Sunday and supports a Montessori pre-school. St. Helena’s Episcopal Church, of the Episcopal Diocese of Chicago was founded in the mid-1950′s. The church supports multiple food ministries including a 24/7 food donation drop box and a partnership with Vacant 2 Vegetables, which provides fresh produce to area food banks with vegetables grown on the church’s 5-acre site.